I Write Like
checks which famous writer you write like by analyzing your word choice and writing style and comparing them with those of the famous writers. (How?
Now available for
iPhone, iPad and Mac!
Features available only in the app:
- Top rankings and probabilities. In addition to showing you the most similar author, you can view the top 3 likely candidates and the probabilities of their style matching yours.
- Statistics and readability. The app shows the character, word, and sentence counts, and analyzes your text for readability to show you the readability score and how long it would take to read it.
- Save texts and sync them across your devices with iCloud. The web version just processes your text and discards it, while the app version stores it on your device. It also transparently syncs your texts via iCloud across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Private, on-device analysis. With the app, you don’t have to be connected to the Internet to analyze your texts and you don’t have to send your writings to our server for processing.
- No text length limits. The web version is limited to about 30 kilobytes of text. The app doesn’t have limits, so you can process larger texts.
About David Foster Wallace
David Foster Wallace (February 21, 1962 – September 12, 2008) was an award-winning American author of novels, essays, and short stories, and a professor at Pomona College in Claremont, California. He was widely known for his 1996 novel Infinite Jest. In 2005, Time magazine included the novel in its list of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present.
Los Angeles Times book editor David Ulin called Wallace "one of the most influential and innovative writers of the last 20 years". Wallace's unfinished novel, The Pale King, was published in 2011, and in 2012 was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize.
Read more on Wikipedia
IWL is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.