Search and watch videos from YouTube on your Mac in a standalone player.
for Snow Leopard
To search YouTube, just type one or more words and press Return.
Results appear almost instantly1 in a sidebar with no distractions: only thumbnails with title, rating, and duration.
Cathodique allows you to watch movies in full screen mode (by clicking a controller button or pressing ⌘F). It has translucent, floating controls that appear only when you need them.
Cathodique plays videos using QuickTime framework, so it uses less CPU power than Flash player in a browser.1,2
This saves your laptop battery life, keeps your computer cool and fans silent.
Take it with you.
Requires Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Cathodique to Minitube transition Mar 16
- Cathodique 1.3 released Jul 23
- Cathodique 1.2 released Apr 05
- Cathodique 1.1 released Mar 09
- Announcing Cathodique: YouTube player for your Mac Mar 02
1. Performance will vary based on system configuration, network connection, and other factors.
2. CPU utilization measured as reported by Activity Monitor when playing video clips (SD and HD) from YouTube by sampling and combining CPU usage of Cathodique and QTKitServer processes, and Flash Player and Safari processes. Charts represent approximate values. Testing conducted by Coding Robots in February 2010 on a 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based MacBook system configured with 4GB of RAM using Mac OS X 10.6.2 with Cathodique 1.0, Flash Player 10.0.42.34, Safari 4.0.4.
Big Buck Bunny movie — © Blender Foundation | www.bigbuckbunny.org. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 and funny.
Thank you! Your download has begun.
Get your personal registration key instantly to make the copy of Cathodique that you are now downloading into the full version.
It’s risk-free: we offer 30-day money-back guarantee. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the program, you can return it for a full refund.